Clinical trials are risky and can dramatically extend the time needed to fully develop a new therapy. This profound problem has found a paradigm-transforming solution. Unlearn is a science-first company that has created the first machine learning platform for populating control arms with perfectly matched Digital Twins.
Intelligent Control Arms expedite patient recruitment, increase study power, and provide patient-level treatment response information. It’s about increasing confidence in trial results. It’s about bringing new medicines to patients faster.
It’s about time.
You will be the face of Unlearn for both guests and employees, representing our culture internally and externally. You will manage all elements of the physical workplace as well as play a pivotal role reinforcing our company culture through day-to-day and special events. You will act as a host and guide for new employees, on-site candidates, building vendors, and other visitors.
You will manage office IT equipment and troubleshoot any day to day issues with the support of internal and external IT resources. This position reports directly to our Chief Operating Officer and plays a critical role helping everyone at Unlearn do their best work.
- Do work that embodies Unlearn’s core values.
- Support our employees and guests with kindness, enthusiasm and urgency.
- Greet guests with warmth. Coordinate the guest experience from hello, to making sure that their needs are met during their visit, to goodbye.
- Manage vendor relationships & logistics including stocked items (Pantry & Office Supply), catering needs for lunch and special events, furniture deliveries/installations, etc.
- Manage meeting rooms and all common areas. Ensure all areas are fully functional, clean and organized, in good repair, and stocked with the necessary items for effective use. Coordinate with meeting owners to prepare for internal meetings and events.
- Manage conference room scheduling and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Help plan and lead internal and external events. Create plans and own execution to streamline operations for efficient and impactful events.
- Work with and support the COO to plan our current and future facilities needs, including local and satellite offices.
- Manage all office maintenance, working with building management and external service providers as needed to ensure all requests/duties are completed to a high standard and timely manner.
- Collaborate with internal and external IT resources for any tech related issues or initiatives in the workplace to quickly resolve issues.
- Ensure that spending on pantry, office supply, community events, temp staff, mail and packages, etc. stays within allocated budgets.
- Manage day to day office operations, including key management, badging system, work-station set-up, resolving facilities tickets, etc
- Order and maintain stocks of healthful snacks and beverages for regular office events.
- Ensure office supplies are stocked and re-ordered when supply is low.
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen and stockroom.
- Respond to in-person and ticketed requests from employees and management.
- Interface regularly with management and employees to ensure a positive daily experience is being maintained.
- Maintain cleanliness within the office, manage the daily build up of clutter.
- Greet all office guests and alert their meeting partner.
- Serve as a general information resource for all visitors and employees. Provide appropriate public information to inquiries regarding Unlearn’s office location.
- Provide employees with key information regarding expected visitors, office events, building announcements and all other ad hoc inquiries.
- IT inventory control.
- A successful candidate will be well versed in all of our IT equipment and software and will be expected to manage the day to day operations of the conferencing equipment.
Your ideal day at the office includes getting things done, tackling a variety of projects, and working with smart and driven colleagues.
- 4+ years of experience in office management, people operations, and/or events capacities.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Hospitality experience preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communicator, verbally and in writing, with employees of all levels.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive approach to the work you do and interactions you have.
- Team player & collaborative approach to work.
- Project management skills showing accomplishments with managing budgets and schedules.
- The flexibility and adaptability necessary to be an early employee at an ambitious startup.
- Ability to work in our downtown San Francisco office.
Unlearn offers compensation commensurate with experience as well as a competitive benefits package, including:
- Generous equity participation.
- Unlimited PTO plus company holidays.
- Annual company-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Years holidays.
- 401k plan with generous matching.
- Company-subsidized medical, dental, & vision insurance plans.
- Commuter benefits plan.